Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Saturday, September 22, 2007

He said, she said...end of story

His Response:

Hi Ann,

You might want to read what surgeons who peform DS write in the literature. Dr. Scopinaro who developed the pancreatico biliary diversion around 1980 had his oeration turned into the DS has written about this. Fats are a problem for many DS pts. They cause steatorrhea, very loose bowel movemnts and lots of gas. So let us know what you find out. You may also want to commnet on mortality rates.

Thanks
Dr. G****r

My Response:

Dr G****r,

My concern is not with your comments about loose bowel movements and gas. This can happen to those that have the Ds. Loose bowel movements however does not equal diarrhea and the gas is largely controllable through diet for those that are afflicted this way.

My issue with your comment is about the 4000 calories needed. This is incorrect and very misinformed.

Your practice offers a very viable weight loss surgery option but you do not do yourself any favours by spreading misinformation about other surgery types. Credibility comes from letting people make their choices on facts not misinformation aimed at "closing the deal"

I will certainly continue my research, I respectfully invite you to do the same.

Sheesh... I should be charging for my time to educate him. He keeps referencing the 1980 studies... a lot has happened since then in the world of the DS. Eg. Hess happened, which is why we have the DS we have today. Good Lord I hate ignorance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home