Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Saturday, September 22, 2007

Wow's come in little packages

Today Ms 8 started the junior life saving club. A portion of the time is spent swimming laps. She has not swum laps for a good 6 months. Tears ensued when she experienced the "oh my gosh my lungs are going to burst" sensation that most non swimmers have in the first 10 minutes of swimming laps.

I crouched by the pool and talked her through it. To her credit she summonsed up the strength to do one more lap. I was very proud of her.

As I sat in my chair wallowing in my pride, it dawned on me. I crouched. For 5 minutes. I got up. Holy crap! I didn't lose my balance. My knees didn't seize up in pain as they were trying to force up 350lbs of weight. I didn't need to hold onto anything to get up. I just stood up. Moved to my chair and sat down. This normal action for non obese people is a huge thing for me. My body can now carry my weight and do what it needs to do. Holy crap!

Sometimes you have to look for the wow's but that doesn't make them any less sweet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home