Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Monday, April 23, 2007

Through the Noise

Yesterday as I sat among the roar of millions of litres of water being forced down slides, through fountains, and over waterfalls I found a moment of peace. The type of peace where you can hear your inner voice above all other noise. I was profoundly aware of my thoughts and observations. It was almost like a third person experience - as if someone else was narrating my thoughts.

I love to people watch - it's something that in the rush that is my life I have not done a lot of lately. Yesterday there was such a kaleidescope of humanity at Great Wolf Lodge. The baby girl who was happily passed from relative to relative over the course of the day always finding joy in her new care taker. She smiled and cooed her way through her day. Such innocent joy is nothing short of uplifting. The elderly couple. He with his tight speedo's and shocking white hair, she with her rounded edges and abundant laugh lines holding hands as they walked between water slides. They were clearly relishing the experience. In their 60's they enjoyed the activities of the young.

Through all of the surrounding noise and abundant people watching opportunities I took the chance to reflect. To reflect on where I am in life now and where I want to be. I took the chance to follow my inner voice on the journey that it wanted to take me at that point in time. It was exhilarating and peaceful at the same time. It was what I needed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home