Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Friday, April 20, 2007

Spring has Sprung!

It is a gorgeous day out today...about 18 degrees celsius with just a hint of a breeze. I've put the sump pump on the pool cover which for me is the sign that summer is on the way at last. Hopefully next weekend we'll be able to open the pool and start the process of warming... if all goes to plan we'll be swimming in it by June.

The backyard needs some major work. The perennial garden at the back is a mess... what the heck does an Aussie know about North American plants???? Nothing. It shows! The neat thing is that this year I can make some time to do it. Even an hour a day will make the world of difference. What that really means that instead of the two week gardening frenzy in late June when we're getting ready for my daughters pool party, we should be able to relax and enjoy the yard instead. Very cool... there's got to be an upside to unemployment right?

In honour of this wonderful weather and my great mood I decided to go a little skimpier that I normally do. The pants I have on are too big... I've never worn them before. But I paired them (grey with white pin stripe) with a little black camisole with lace trim that does nothing to hide the fact that the weight loss around the bust is much slower than other parts of my body. Over the top a sheer black shirt, which while too big, looks fine hanging open loosely. I hate to say it but I actually feel kinda...sexy. Shock horror... it's been a long time! I tried on another camisole style top that was 16 -18 and while it was tight as all heck around the bust I could get it on.

I'm glad I tried on a few clothes. I am obviously still changing in size even though my weight loss continues at a snails pace. In fact this morning I was up 4lbs meaning that I'm down a whole 2 lbs for the month of April. I was not happy to see that. The clothes made me feel better.

I need to start tracking my food (I am hopeless when it comes to regular admin type stuff...my ex boss will attest to that) because I think that I may not be eating enough. I'm finding it harder now that I am at home because I do not have a regular schedule that I follow. I don't need to prepare enough food to get me through the day and so when I get busy (or lazy) I simply don't eat as regularly.

I will track for week (and post here) just so I can see what I'm doing. There's got to be a reason why my weight loss is what it is. Maybe I'm eating too many carbs or maybe not enough protein...who knows. From there I can work out what I need to try next.

Time to get back to work. We're going away for a weekend to Great Wolf Lodge Niagara Falls so I need to get myself organized.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home