Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Hurry Up and Wait

Today my company announced that 17,000 jobs will be cut. an additional 9,500 jobs will move to lower cost locations. All affected will know within the next week or two.

The mood at work is somber and fearful. These are huge numbers and all the signs are that Canada is not going to be immune. Rumours are running rife - every little thing out of the ordinary is being interpreted as being related to the potential job losses. Among the fear there is hope - a group of people would definitely like a package. I just hope they move quickly and that they are fair.

There is a sense that something could happen as early as tomorrow. I will update when I can.

1 Comments:

  • Yuck. I heard that news story driving home. Good thoughts going out to you for a positive outcome.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home