Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Monday, April 30, 2007

5 month Update Part II

Went to my PCP for my 5 month check out and her scale said 257. Given that we're normally spot on in weights, I'm going to take hers. I'm happy to fool myself to register the extra 2 lbs for a month. Sad but true.

So the month has been a slow one. 5.2lbs if you take my scale this morning or 8lbs if you take the PCP's. What's going on?

I'm thinking it's the carbs. I haven't been great about watching my carbs this month. Carb snacks are easier to take and much more accessible than non carb ones. I've been reaching for the carbohydrates and I believe it's having an impact. I'm also not exercising. The DS has done all the work until now but it makes sense to me that I need to build my lean muscle mass in order to maximize the long term benefits.

So for one month I am going to work this DS like it should be worked. Maintain Carbs below 70g a day, ensure protein is between 100 and 120 a day and drink all my fluids. I want to see what I'm capable of this month. Will it make a difference to my loss? Thanks Tia for the inspiration for this - you're doing amazingly.

I'll take photo's tonight - after getting on the scale this morning I was in no mood to capture this month.

On a slightly different note. I spoke to my PCP about my menstrual cycle. I take a birth control pill which normally regulates my cycle very well. What I have noticed the last few months is that my periods are unpredictable, coming every two to three weeks. My major concern is birth control - it's not safe to have a child so soon after the surgery (not that I want another at all...ever!) What she told me is that female hormones are stored in our fat so when we start to lose weight it really messes with our hormones (hmmm...maybe that could explain the frustration I've been feeling). So while I am still protected, ie not ovulating, the lining of the uterus is getting mixed messages and off it goes into another cycle. Interesting.

Time to go eat before heading out for a workshop on how to market yourself...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home