Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Friday, February 02, 2007

I have a hole in my jeans dear Liza, dear Liza…

My jeans are about to fall apart. I have been living in a pair of size 22 jeans for about the last month. They were a pair that I had previously worn and then put away as I gained weight. But in the past couple of weeks they have become so threadbare on the inside upper thigh that they are starting to split. I actually darned the splits but they have split around the stitching (I did such a great job that the stitching itself as held beautifully).

My dilemma? I am about 2 inches around the waist away from being about to wear the next size down. I have a pair of jeans ready to go; I just can’t do them up right now. I do not want to spend any money on new jeans given that I’ll be out of them so soon. The question is now going to be… will my jeans last long enough for me to get down to the next size or will I be thoroughly embarrassed at work when my jeans split further so that it’s visible to others? I can just see it happening… jeans splitting all around the top leaving a nice horizontal flap exposing my saggy baggy elephant skin thighs. Thank goodness it’s winter time. At least I’ll be able to wear my long winter coat as I slink out of the building.

I should start a pool – on what day will I either

expose myself to my unwitting colleagues, or,
be able to fit into my size 20 jeans?

If I charged a dollar a guess, maybe I could afford a new pair of jeans

For the record once I’m out of the 20’s I’ll be in new territory. No clothes in the closet for this contingency but at that point I will be happy to pick up some cheap clothes to get me from size to size. Once I hit my ‘stable weight’ whatever that may be, I’ll be going on a shopping spree like you’ve never seen before. But that’s still some time off so until now I’ll focus on the widening holes in my comfy, increasingly loose jeans.

1 Comments:

  • http://obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/members/clothingexchange/

    you deserve a pair of pants that fit.

    I saved 2 pair from each size, LOL!

    By Blogger qqtpie, At 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home