Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Thursday, December 28, 2006

Frustrated

Ok - I'm going to post a post that I promised myself I wouldn't. I have responded in encouragement to a number of people that have posted similar and my advice sounded so good. But apparently it's different when it happens to me!

My frustration... my weight hasn't shifted in over a week!

I *know* that this happens, and I *know* that it's only temporary but it's amazing at how all the insecurities slip back so easily:

1. what if this surgery won't work for me? what if this is it? what have I done?
2. what am I doing wrong? I'm not eating much - what could I do differently?

I *know* I'm being silly but it's so hard to move past it. Now I truly know what the others went through went they wrote about their stalls.

My weight loss pattern has always been like this...lose well and then stop, lose a bit and then stop. The stops used to kill me - they would come too soon into the process and when you have nearly 200lbs to lose it can be so incredibly demotivating. Lack of motivation typically turned to looking for comfort which resulted in eating the wrong things which in turn would result in total self sabotage. Holy crap I'm a head case at times!

Now I have a tool which will help me move past this but I have to say that I was not mentally prepared for such a rapid stall. It's hard and I have caught myself wanting to slip into some of the old bad habits that led me to this spot in the first place.

Give me strength to work through this - I am truly going to drive myself nuts if I don't get a handle on this.

Mantra - you have lost 41lbs this month, you're doing great. You have lost 41lbs this month, you're doing great... sigh...

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home