Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The importance of sleep

I had read about it before... if your body is sleep deprived it will not lose weight as easily as when you get a good night sleep.

It made sense to me but it doesn't really translate into my life very well. For the past week I've been surviving on about 5 hours sleep per night. For the past week my weight has not shifted.

Today my body finally said enough. I woke up at 5am since hubby wanted to go out and take advantage of the boxing day sales. I tried to doze after he left but couldn't... largely cause he kept calling with a blow by blow description of the madness at some of the stores he visited. After they came home, I went to bed expecting to nap for an hour or two. Three and half hours later I was finally in a position where I could feasibly get up. In that three and a half hours I lost 1.5lbs.

My body is clearly in a fight or flight position already. It has lost a lot of weight very rapidly and now it's hanging on to what remains in case it needs it. Add in not enough sleep and I'm convincing it that the world is about to end.

To test this theory I am going to make it my goal to be in bed by 11pm for the rest of this week. I could use the rest and maybe, just maybe my body will let go of a little more weight before I hit my official one month mark on the 30th.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home