Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Mind Games

For the first time since my surgery, yesterday I wanted food. Not food that I was hungry for, not food that's on my currently allowed list but food that would bring me comfort. Steak because the Applebees commercial made my mouth water, pretzels for the salt, and chocolate just because chocolate is the best food in the whole world. I wasn't hungry but my head was playing games...why? Well, I think I was bored. When you're used to being busy it's really hard to know how to fill 24 hours, especially when your body doesn't accomodate a lot yet. It was a good aha moment for me. I am clearly going to have to watch out for these sort of reactions that normally I would placate with food. I am going to have to learn counter strategies that deal with the root cause rather than the reaction.

It's a shame that when they do this surgery they can't do a little magic on the old brain as well... it would make life so much easier.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home