Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Shopping

Since I have not worked during a summer as a size 14/mostly 16 person I can honestly say that I have nothing to wear. Nada. Nothing suitable for the warm weather we experienced in the last week or two.

Today after work a colleague, and RNYer, took me to NH to go shopping. The state of no sales tax. Gotta love that. What did I get? Nothing other than discouraged.

First problem is this years style. Baby doll meet peasant chick does nothing for me. I didn't look good in it in the 70's and I certainly don't look good in it now.

Second problem. The boobs. They're too big for all the styles around. I am almost having to go back into plus sizes to have them fit. Not happy.

Third problem. Why put sleeves on a dress/shirt/top if they are not designed to cover even an inch of your arms. My batwings and I were none too happy in those flattering store lights. What the heck is up with that anyway.

Fourth problem. Belts. Why ruin a perfectly good shirt/top with a belt. I have a long body - belts don't work.

Fifth and finally (for now) I seem to have developed a muffin top of mammoth proportions. Does retaining water do this to you? I can see by my legs that I am retaining fluid but my stomach/waist? Heck it was discouraging. For the first time in a long time I felt fat. It wasn't a pleasant feeling and one that I would choose not to revisit often.

On that cheery note, time to find myself something to drink and then put in a few more hours of work. I've just been thrown one hell of a challenge. Not sure how we're going to solve for it yet but it's time to get creative. All I can say is that there had better be one hell of a bonus this year!

2 Comments:

  • Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for so articulately detailing out exactly what my frustrations are with fashion nowadays! I *hate* baby doll shirts but they are everywhere! HELLO designers, not everyone wants to wear a freakin' baby doll shirt! Some of us want to look like adults and wonder of all wonders, some of us want to cover at least some portion of our arms! When I've actually come across a couple of nice shirts in the past two weeks upon first glance, imagine my disappoint when I realize that the dang sleeves barely go past the shoulder! Grrrr.

    I feel your pain, Ann, I feel your pain!

    By Blogger Tia L., At 7:17 AM  

  • "Baby doll meet peasant chick does nothing for me. I didn't look good in it in the 70's and I certainly don't look good in it now."

    This *cracked* me up: I feel the same way -- about the styles and the time frame.

    As my mother (wisely) used to say, "If you can *remember* it, you can't wear it."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home