Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Stuck in Boston

I just had one of the most difficult calls that I've ever had to deal with. Ms. 8 on the phone just devastated that I would not be coming home tonight. She was truly inconsolable. It was heart wrenching. I felt so incredibly helpless.

Stupid weather. Stupid canceled flights. Stupid me for wanting to do the right thing by my team. Well, maybe not stupid me. It was the right thing to do but at that moment I didn't feel too good about it.

Tomorrow is that last day of school before the Christmas break. She wanted to show me the float she had worked so hard to create. She was counting on me to drive her to school with all the stuff that she would need for her special celebratory day. She needed me there. And I'm not there.

I guess we can all remember a time when our parents let us down - this will be her first true memory. One that hurt enough to last. Sigh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home