Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Bloated and dry

What is it about air travel that makes me so bloated. I swear my legs are seriously puffed up... after a 1.5 hour flight! Give me a break.

In a complete contradiction, while the inner part of me is clearly retaining water, the outer part of me is dry. My skin is incredibly flaky. My hair is brittle. I know that these are possible outcomes of the DS because of the lack of fat absorption but I'm thinking that there are some vitamin deficiency issues going on.

Time for a trip to get my labs done. I needed to see if my iron had improved anyway so may as well kill two birds with one stone.

So how's that for a pretty picture, bloated with dry scaly skin and thinning brittle hair... mmm...turn you on babe? NOT!

3 Comments:

  • I found that taking 5000 mcg of Biotin a day really helped my hair. My hairdresser totally agrees!

    By Blogger Donna, At 3:48 PM  

  • Thanks Donna... I'll have to give that a shot!

    By Blogger Aussieabroad, At 9:25 PM  

  • Ditto the Biotin recommendation, I actually take 10,000 mcg a day. You might also try taking a zinc supplement. I don't remember where I heard or read about zinc in reference to hair loss, but I guess it couldn't hurt.

    By Blogger Tia L., At 12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home