Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Tuesday, December 04, 2007

Paint Me Red

Well, just paint me red, put a stick up my ass and call me sucker.

I hate when I'm made to look like an idiot. I hate when people take advantage of my innate belief that there is good in every one. I hate it when I have to question my faith in human kind. And that's exactly what I had to do today thanks to Mr.16.

After the enlightening parent teacher interviews we started him down a path of recovery. Giving him every opportunity to dig himself out. It looked like he was doing it. I ran interference between him and his dad. Dad had lost the faith. Dad apparently was smarter than me.

Mr 16 did not hand in the work he supposedly did. Mr 16 did not go to most of the recovery sessions that his English teacher had set up at lunch time. He told us that he had. He lied. Again. He is behind in all aspects of English. He has done nothing to recover from the current 31% for physics. He doesn't care.

I don't know what irks me most. The fact that he thinks we're too stupid to figure out what is going on. The fact that he lies without a second thought. The fact that he is pissing away his future for no good reason. Or the fact that I gave him another chance and he slapped me up the side of the head. Hard. All of it pisses me off.

I have booked a session with a school counselor for tomorrow. Mr 16's mom is coming down for the meeting with us. I will be speaking with her about enrolling him in the high school near her for the next semester. Something is not working for him here. It's been two and a half brutal years and he is not making any attempt to improve things for himself. Maybe a school with less options and with a smaller population is the better choice for him. It sucks that we are seriously talking about breaking up the family unit to try and save his sorry ass. This pisses me off. I think I should change the title of my post... pissed off!

1 Comments:

  • Hugs for you, definitely.

    I wish I could offer some advice or that there was something useful or meaningful I could say....

    - Tia

    By Blogger Tia L., At 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home