Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Sunday, December 02, 2007

Cookies should be banned

Ok. So my excuse is that it's important, as the Director of Training, to participate in staff initiated team spirit events. Remind me next year that cookies exchanges should be by passed. Without a second thought. To participate is like putting a raw fresh steak in front of a dog that hasn't eaten for a month. The dog is not going to think twice about eating more than it's stomach can possibly hold. It is focusing on nothing but the taste. On the sensation of eating. Just call me dog.

On Friday the team had its first annual cookie exchange. It was a lot of fun. I have been eating cookies non stop since then. It's not even that I really want them. It's that they are there and mindlessly I stick one (two) in my mouth.

There's the issue I've been struggling with. Mindless eating. I do it to fulfill the hunger but I'm not really focusing on it. I am not really paying a huge amount of attention to the what.

In order to continue on my chosen journey with success I need to be mindful. Seems simple but the light bulb has just come on. I need to "think" about what is going into my mouth before I swallow it. Doh!

I am going to march downstairs and throw the rest of the cookies out. The family needs them as much as I do. Until I get my head around being more mindful I'm just going to have to remove the temptation. I will eat well when I have no options. I need to limit my options again and make eating well a habit before I reintroduce the other stuff. Year 2 is going to see me reach goal. I CAN do this. I can fore go cookies. I can focus on the right things. I HAVE. I CAN.

1 Comments:

  • I know you can do it, but it sure is hard. I LOVE CHIPS!!! I could eat them all day long. I have no adverse affects either. I really cannot be around chips, or have them in my house. You are taking the right steps. :)

    By Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie, At 5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home