Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Saturday, December 15, 2007

And we wait...

For 30cm or 12 inches of snow.

It's funny - people always think of Canada as the great white north. A snowy place with igloo lined streets. The reality is that our fiercest storms come not from the North but from our friends to the south...this one direct from the Midwest. We happen to live right on Lake Ontario in a location that always sees additional lake effect snow.

I'm actually kind of looking forward to it. I love it when it snows - it is so incredibly beautiful. We are all set. We have food in the house. We have movies picked out. We have two extra shovels in the garage. The only reason I have to go out is to get Mr 16 to work. If the weather forecast is right that may just not happen on time... we'll see. I'll give it my best shot but if the plow comes through during the night we may have as much as 2 feet of snow at the bottom of the driveway. At the bottom of the ski slope we call a driveway. I tell ya, it makes for some interesting snow shoveling experiences. With my lack of natural padding this year I am tempted to tie a pillow to my butt... I'm thinking it's going to hurt more when I fall this year. And I will.

So we wait...

1 Comments:

  • That is the #1 reason why I live in the south. I went to a school in Indiana not too far from Lake Michigan and so I have had enough of lake effect snow for the rest of my life. The first few days of it are quite beautiful and wondrous, but 4-6 months of it is not good.

    BTW, falling is a big fear of mine for the reason you described AND because I worry about whether or not my bones are strong enough, am I getting enough calcium. The last thing I need are broken bones!

    By Blogger Tia L., At 11:21 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home