Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Monday, October 01, 2007

The $305 Chicken

Let me say up front that Costco is a guaranteed bank account draining organization. My intent this morning was to pick up a BBQ chicken. Cost $7.99. My expectation was that I would in all likely walk out with about $100 worth of goods. This seems to be about the average when I go to buy just one thing. My reality was $305.

The main culprit this time... clothes. Now that I can buy off the rack, or as in Costco's case off the table, it is simply too tempting. Mind you I need clothes. My booty today included two cord blazers (19.99 each!), a bunch of shirts, sweaters and PJ's. The PJ's were long over due. I was still wearing the same nightshirt that I wore immediately after surgery. To say that it's a little big is an understatement. It was a time to retire it in favour for something more fitted. Add in some Christmas decorations (I am such a sucker for Christmas), DVD's and meat and you have $300 spent.

I am going to really enjoy that chicken.

1 Comments:

  • I can totally relate. My problem is that I seem to buy $80 rolls of toilet paper from target. Toilet paper is all I go in Target for, yet...somehow I never spend less than $80.
    You DESERVE the new clothes.

    By Blogger Little Chef On The Prairie, At 6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home