Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Monday, September 03, 2007

Hear that?

It's all quiet. Hubby has taken the kids to see the Hamilton/Toronto football game today and I'm all alone. It's blissfully quiet. Noone is calling me. I can't hear any stupid gibberish being spoken (new sport for teenagers). Nothing. Aaaahhhhhh...

I think hubby was put out that I didn't want to come but the bottom line is that I don't enjoy the game. I grew up with Aussie Rules Football... where men where no padding and play hard all game. The game is continuous. This stop start stuff of American football just doesn't do it for me. Granted I really don't understand the game and maybe if I did I'd have a greater appreciation of it but as it stands now, I don't really enjoy it. The thought of watching a game I don't enjoy while sitting on a hard bench for three hours... well... it's ok to be selfish every now and then...right?

Weight today: 225.8lbs. Sigh.

1 Comments:

  • If you ever feel inclined to want to be more familiar with American football, watch the college level stuff. It is far more passionate and compelling than professional football.

    Aussie Rules Football...I've heard of it, but am unfamiliar with it. Is it like rugby?

    By Blogger Tia L., At 7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home