Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Monday, July 02, 2007

Happy Place

I often use this blog as a way to get out my frustrations...with my weight, with my kids, with my work. But today all I have is happy thoughts.

It's been a good weekend. Nothing monumental happened - I just had the pleasure of hubby and Ms 7's company. We started the weekend out on Friday with Ms 7 and I spending the day at Canada's Wonderland. Unfortunately I discovered what not enough food and not enough fluid can do to a Dser on a hot day (I actually had to take MS 7 through 'what if' scenarios should I pass out) but other than that it was a very pleasant way to spend an afternoon.

Saturday was one of those days where you just meander through it - no pressure, no rush. Soccer practice in the morning, quick lunch out and then Ms 7 had a little friend come over for the night. An afternoon of watching them swim, followed by a few hours at Indigo (Starbucks) and then off to see Ratatouille with the girls.

Sunday started off way too early. Ms 7 decided that 6.22am was a good time to wake up. She was considerate enough to wake her friend to let her know she was going downstairs (so she wouldn't wonder why she was in the bedroom alone). Needless to say, I was up at 6.22. The day took a better turn with breakfast out and that rolled into a number of other leisurely events. We ended up being out all day but not feeling exhausted or stressed. Very very pleasant

Monday was pretty much the same. Nothing monumental as stated. Very relaxing. Very much needed.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. We have decided to buy a new car. Our van has served us well but with 245,000km on it, it has seen better days. We are looking at the KIA Sedona. It has everything we need in terms of space (read that as ample separation space between children), safety and power. It also happens to be reasonably priced. I guess that's heading towards monumental...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home