Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

General Ramblings

Yesterday I did something I hadn't done for a long time. Sat outside and read a book. I sat under the canopy with my protein drink and read. I listened to the birds, watched the three baby squirrels ripping through the pine trees in a spirited game of tag and generally enjoyed the ambiance of sitting by the pool. I'd forgotten how relaxing being near water was for me. Mental note - do this more often.

Today is a big day. Report cards come home. I picked Mr 13's up when I stopped in to see his teacher. It's not a bad one. Not great but generally an improvement over last terms. There are glimpses of hope. Relief. Mr 16 is at school picking up his exam marks. I'm not sure when his report comes home. Ms 7 will have hers this afternoon. Given that she has historically only received one B and the rest all various shades of A's I am not expecting any nasty surprises. She has both will and skill when it comes to school work. It's pleasant having one motivated child.

This evening Mr. 13 has his grade 8 graduation ceremony and dance. It sounds like many plans have been made. It's such an exciting time in their lives. On the verge of entering high school and a land of much more freedom. Mr 16 has failed miserably with the transition. I hope Mr 13 has learned from his brothers dumb ass behaviour.

Time to go and buy supplies for Ms 7, soon to be 8, birthday party. The theme...Webkinz. The main attraction is the pool so I'm off the hook for the most part but having set a precedent of throwing hugely successful parties for her there is some pressure to make sure this one comes off well. The theme actually creates some pressure in it's own right - these kids know Webkinz inside and out, they will be my most critical consumers. I love throwing these parties - there's something to be said for a July birthday when you have pool at your disposal.

Weight today: 240.4 Holding my breath that this is a real dip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home