Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Garage Sale

After three years of saying we will have one, and subsequently storing crap for three years, we are having a garage sale. On Saturday.

It will be my last.

I now understand why it has taken us three years to get to this point - it's a bucket load of work. When we were both employed full time we had neither the time nor the energy to pull one together. I have been sorting, cleaning and pricing for hours on end. I still have the basement to go. This is going to be one huge ass sale.

About half of the stuff belongs to Ms 7. She no longer plays with the traditional girl toys. She outgrew Barbie about two years ago. She has books that her peers have not started to read. Clothes she has outgrown cause she just keeps a growin'. Add in electronics, household items (many new), bikes, other clothes, books, computer games etc and you have a lot of stuff.

I hear that people who go to these things can be quite fanatical. This worries me. Hubby will not sell to anyone who comes early. He will tell people to get off our property if they offer him an insulting amount. He looks at "what is reasonable" I'm looking at it from "how can I get rid of this crap". As long as we can cover the cost plus a nice dinner - I'm good. This could be an interesting day. I wonder whether one of my next posts will be... I'm getting a divorce...LOL

If any of you have experience of these events I'd love to hear your tips

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home