Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Phantom of the Opera

Last night we took the family to see Phantom of the Opera. Hubby and I have both seen it before but with tickets discounted to $50 each for the last few shows we thought we'd take the opportunity to introduce the kids to this moving story. Ms 7 struggled to stay awake during the second act (it was more than 2 hours after her bed time) but it was well worth it. The boys enjoyed it but she was into it. Asking lots of smart questions and forming an understanding of the nuances, understanding the sadness of a love that could not be returned, understanding the loneliness of a man shamed into hiding because of his appearance. It's very easy to forget that she's 7 at times.

We got home just before midnight and my plan was to keep Ms 7 at home today. But the little booger was up at 8am (2 hours beyond her normal 6am) and wanted to go to school. She was 25 minutes late but she was there. I think she really wanted to share her experience with her teachers and friends. Oh the wonder of pure joy.

I love that we can do this for our kids. I love that we can broaden their little world every so often by providing experiences that are beyond their every day realities. I hope we can always do this.

So today I am home alone. Bagged. My only goal today is to out and buy bread... I'll be very happy if I accomplish that. Today I'm taking a lazy slow me day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home