Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Thursday, June 07, 2007

Shopping

I'm not a shopper. I hate trying on new clothes. I find it a totally depressing experience. Well, I used to that is.

Yesterday I finally fired off a resume, my first one. Within an hour I had had my first screening phone call and we booked a face to face for Monday 11am. This is an agency representing a client so I'm not too excited yet but it's confidence building to know that my resume has the power to garner enough attention to warrant a call.

Anyway, a face to face meeting means I need clothes. I have none. Not one single thing that could be considered interview worthy. I mean I have about three outfits in total right now that I am stretching out with a few extra tops. Everything else is gone. Either donated or passed onto a friend who is also moving through her own weight loss journey.

This "I have nothing to wear" issue has been holding me back. Largely because I could not get my head around spending a bucket load of money on clothes that will fit me for a month. I got over that. My current focus is that if I need to spend $1000 to get this job it's probably money well spent.

So off I went to Jones of New York.

Let me provide you with some context. The last time I went shopping for "nice" clothes was in Australia. Eleven years ago. I was a size 16 (USA size 14) and looked good in most things. That's the advantage of being tall.

Jones carries size 18's... I didn't know that. These size 18's were made for me... nearly everything I tried on fit well. Oh no... I knew I was in danger. I felt the old "if it fits buy it" demon rising to the surface. I could have done some serious damage! The good news is that they had a great sale on so I managed to byu a three button jacket, 3 pairs of pants and 2 shirts for $375. All I need to invest in now is a pair of shoes and maybe one of two more shirts and I'm good to go. The jacket will have to be my staple for the next month or two, the rest I can mix and match.

I am so excited. Most of all I feel ready to do this job search thing. Isn't it funny how not having something to wear was creating such an issue for me. I figure that I'll ebay these clothes in a few months and then go back for some new clothes. I could do this again happily...the neat thing is that each time I go back it'll be because I need a smaller size. Gotta love that!

1 Comments:

  • I have always loved Jones New York. You did well. Good Luck with your interviews. It will be GREAT!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 8:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home