Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Monday, June 04, 2007

Closure

Today I signed off on my severance package.

My lawyer had gone back to my employer with requests that would have allowed me to better accommodate the fact that I have multiple sclerosis. They denied all the requests. So as of today I am more than $2000 in the hole for lawyers fees, I will not be able to get short term or long term disability insurance because I have a pre existing condition and I have to hope against all odds that I don't have a serious MS attack before I am re employed.

Don't get me wrong - the package offered is a very reasonable one, all things being equal, I'm just on the wrong side of equal.

The positive thing though is that it's done. I know what my parameters are and can now plan accordingly. I'm disappointed that after 10 years I didn't have a more successful outcome but I feel like I can now move on. The unknown was holding me back.

So... thank you for the opportunity to move on to bigger and better things. I gave 10 years and gained a lot of experience in return. I feel free.

1 Comments:

  • I have to sign as anonymous bc when I try to log-on it doesn't recognize me and then my comments are lost.

    Ann, I am so sorry to hear this. I would never in a million years have expected it. Even as an HR person for 20 years, I would have given you a 99% guarantee that a legally-represented appeal would have most definitely been accepted. I'm shocked, truly. Please know it was money well spent - it's something you must at least try to make yourself feel like you've done all that you could. Sleep well - it's over, like you said. Fran (hrbabe)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 6:21 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home