Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Mummy you have skinny arms

Ms 7 and I were having a shower yesterday and she was watching me wash my hair. The following conversation ensued.

Her: Mummy, you have skinny arms
Me: What do you mean honey
Her: Well, if you look here, this is where your arms really are. The rest is loose skin.
Me: Yes. I may need to have that cut away. It would mean a scar all the way down my arm
Her: That's ok. It's better than that skin

Even with 80 odd pounds to go before I reach my goal weight the loose skin is a definite issue. It is most noticeable on my arms simply because it has nothing to do but hang there. The stuff on my stomach is at least attached in a more meaningful way. The arms are simply there. What does that mean? When I hold my arm horizontal to the ground, I have about a 2.5 - 3 inch hang of skin below the obvious line of the arm muscle. It is not pretty and is very limiting in terms of clothing options. Tank tops are not happening. T-shirts are not happening only because all casual wear this year has cute short sleeves. I could never pull that off. I would not want to.

So I believe that plastic surgery will be in my 12 month future. In all likelihood I will start with my arms and perhaps a breast reduction (I still have boobs... much further south than I would like them but boobs nonetheless). I will start my research soon - that way I know how creative I need to get with our finances. Think Enron creative here ;)

1 Comments:

  • Seriously...what IS up with the short short sleeves on t-shirts and most shirts nowadays?!? I don't get it. I've looked through racks and racks of cute stuff and had to pass them by because of all the really short sleeves.

    By Blogger Tia L., At 7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home