Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Life just happens

Today was one of those days. You know the type... when you wish you could start over? Well, I got over my potty issues quickly enough, was having a great session pulling my resume together when I got the call. The school called. Mr 13 is hurt... again.

This time he was screwing around in gym with one of his much larger buddies who picked him up and tried to throw him onto the gym mat. He missed. Mr 13 hit the ground head first and bounced.

Three hours at the hospital, five throw ups, one major goose egg and one cat scan later we know that he is not bleeding but he does have a concussion. I have to wake him hourly today, every two hours tonight to make sure he's okay. This should be fun, assessing his coherence when I will in all likelihood be very incoherent myself. Poor kid. He was so distraught. It's at times like this that you see them for the children they still are. They fight so hard to appear grown up but that is all gone in a heart beat when real fear sets in.

So my plans for tomorrow have also changed. I have rescheduled my meeting to be a phone one late in the day - I need to get my resume checked over so I can start applying for jobs. Having said that, today is one of those days that I was grateful I didn't have one... I was able to be here for him when he really needed it. Life just happens sometimes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home