Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Sunday, May 20, 2007

I rode a on roller coaster.

Actually I should probably say I RODE ON A ROLLER COASTER!

Yes it's that big. For years I didn't ride on coasters because MS 7 was just a babe but for the last 5 or so years I didn't ride because I was afraid I wouldn't fit. The last time I did ride one of the old wooden rickety ones that us roller coaster fans seems to gravitate towards I barely fit in the molded seat. It resulted in me "slipping" while on the ride which scared the crap out of me. Since then I only got bigger.

Well on Friday hubby played hooky for a day. We watched Mr 13 play in the school band at Canada's Wonderland and then we were off to ride the coasters. The first one, Tomb Raider, is a lie down one. You climb into a molded plastic "seat" it tips over and you ride face down. I fit. It was tight... hip to hip...but I fit. Comfortably.

It was such a thrill to be able to ride again. It was a nice way to prepare for our summer trip to Cedar Point because I now know that by then I will only be smaller. There will be nothing but my own fear that could possibly stop me from riding on some of their gravity defying rides (there are one of two at Cedar Point that I am not so sure about...lol).

So on Friday I discovered that I could fit. I fit in. I was part of the crowd rather than a super obese person trying to squeeze herself onto a ride. I fit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home