Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Feeling Energized

Weight update: Still 249.4. Phew, it was real. It wasn't just the pastry induced runs that got me to the weight for a day. Lesson: pastry tastes wonderful, pastry doesn't feel good... don't eat pastry for a while.

This morning I met up with an MBA friend of mine for coffee. She was in town to meet with one of her field consultants and knowing that I wasn't working took the opportunity to reach out. Louisa and I have always got on well. We were on the same MBA team together - we were part of the revolution that resulted that team being torn apart and an all female team being formed for the first time in the history of the UofT MBA school. She was at my wedding, she was there shortly after Ms 7's birth. Our contact has been sporadic since we graduated in 1999 but she is one of those people that when you see each other again, it's like you saw each other only yesterday.

Our friendship is an easy one. I caught up with the lives of her children and she with mine. She told me a little about one of the challenges that she was facing at work - I was able to give her some ideas... yes I got to use my professional brain. It felt great.

I feel so energized. It made me realize what I was missing the last few weeks. Why I wasn't really enjoying this time off. I like the people contact. I love the challenge of solving a problem (and then letting others go implement). I love the connection. Important information as I go through my job search. Motivation to fire up my job search.

So as I sit here humming to myself... I feel good... life is looking pretty good right now.

To add to my almost sickly blissful state of mind, I just got a call from Laural who will be having her DS with Dr L. next month. She lives in the same town as me and I really enjoy chatting with her. We met for a coffee last week and she's a very easy person to sit and chat with. I am so excited for her at this part of her journey. I know where it's led me and I so want this for other people. It's a neat journey to take and whilst we each have very different experiences it really is an incredible opportunity to escape all that is morbid obesity. And the bonus - I'm meeting some really neat people along the way. "I feel good"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home