Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Thursday, May 10, 2007

I finally lasted 12 hours

Who would have thought that not eating for 12 hours would be so difficult? For the past 6 weeks I have been wanting to have my blood work done but I wasn't able to do the 12 hour fast. I'd get to 10/11 o'clock at night and I'd be ready to eat my right arm I was so hungry. The thing with the DS is that I do need to eat regularly or else I feel positively sick. I didn't have an issue with this at the two month mark when I last had blood taken but it was a real struggle this month.

But it's done. A zillion (8) vials of blood were taken and are now on their way for analysis. To celebrate I took myself out for an Egg Benedict Omelet with hash browns. I ate only one quarter of the meal but every mouthful was nothing short of delightful. I read the paper, had coffee and more importantly had an hour to myself sans thinking about everything that makes up my life. Very pleasant.

Another very pleasant thing today was the surprise I got when I stood on the scale. 250.4lbs. I am .4 of a pound away from being able to say that I have lost 100lbs. That is very cool!

1 Comments:

  • Egg Benedict Omelet? You are killing me.I have never heard of such a monster. I MUST have one someday. I am so proud of you it makes me cry.

    By Blogger Gastric bypass patient, At 11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home