Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

I went shopping today...and I enjoyed it????

Well - there's one for the books. I enjoyed shopping. For myself. This hasn't happened in a very long time.

Today a friend and I went across the border to Niagara Falls NY for the sole purpose of shopping. It was a whole new experience for me. Why? Well the first, and most exciting thing is that all the clothes that I purchased has a 1 as the first number in it's size. Yes, I am officially down to an 18! The pants are snug but not uncomfortable. The shirts look good. I look good. I feel great. I was doing the happy dance in the dressing room just because the person in the mirror looked "normal". You know the normal where you are no longer so big you see nothing but rolls, but not slim either. Normal. Like the bulk of the population. I am no longer in the outer section of the bell curve. That is so freakin' exciting!

Secondly, I wasn't tired at all. I shopped but never dropped. This from a health perspective is simply amazing. I am obviously feeling better. I am capable of doing more. My horizons have expanded so much since the beginning of my journey.

So for $US110 I got 2 pairs of capri pants, a button down shirt, 2 t-shirts from the Gap and 2 pairs of roll up Gap pants as well as 2 shirts, a skirt and a toy for my daughter. I declared everything at the border and wasn't pulled over. It's a happy day all around.

I'm just a grinning fool today.

2 Comments:

  • Woo-hoo!!! I know the feeling! Isn't it thrilling?!? I'm right there with ya!!!

    By Blogger Tia L., At 7:41 PM  

  • Hooray! I look forward to having a similar experience myself sometime in the (relatively) near future!

    It's been a long, long time since I've purchased clothes with a "1" in the front!

    Congratulations!
    (post some pics!)

    By Blogger Leah, At 10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home