Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Sunday, April 01, 2007

The Two Week Challenge

Scale whore. Scale obsessed. Scale junkie. Lots of terms meaning the same basic thing... too obsessed with watching the numbers on the scale.

Starting today I am doing a 2 week challenge. No weighing for two weeks.

This may sound easy to some of you but for me it will be torturous. The scale is the immediate gratification for doing the right thing. It is the one concrete and easily measured result that tells me that the surgery is still working. When the scale drops to a new low, and it invariably does over a two week period, it is a source of extreme joy and satisfaction. It's like knowing a deliciously wonderful naughty secret that only you know. I don't need to shout it to the world but man, it feels good to know.

So why take that away? Because it is starting to interfere with logic. My time in the morning is crunched at best, insane at worst as I try to get the family and myself ready for our days. But no matter how time crunched I am I will not eat or drink anything until I'm finished the morning bathroom routine. That way when I get on that scale I am truly empty. The problem is it is in no way efficient. I need to take the focus off the scale and back onto the rest of my life. I figure if I can do it for two weeks then cutting my weigh in's to once a week should be a piece of cake. We'll see.

Yesterday I weighed in at 264.4

2 Comments:

  • ARGH! ANN!!!! I just deleted you at FUN by accident and I don;t have your email! I'm SO sorry!!! Can you reapply and I will re-register you? Holy pregnancy brain!!!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:42 PM  

  • After 8 years you deleted me??? Holy crap Dawn!

    Not a problem... I will as soon as I get a chance

    By Blogger Aussieabroad, At 9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home