Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Internet Dependancy

That's a polite way of saying addiction!

Thanks to a wayward sidewalk plow who decided not only to clear the snow but dig up the near surface lying cable we lost our internet connection on Saturday. The saying "you don't know what you have until you lose it" was so true for us as a family. We use the internet for everything. What time does the Hockey Hall of Fame open? Look at the net. What time does the bus leave? Look at the net. What is Erins phone number? Look at the net. You get the picture. We use the internet like generations before us have used phone books, libraries, newspapers and phones themselves. We use Skype... we had no home phone until last night.

For four days I could not blog. For four days I could not check in on the websites that I read daily... I couldn't get my dose of Tia, MaryBeth, Sharon, Alison, Kim and Epzy. These folks are my grounding... through their experiences with their DS's I have a barometer... it gives me a sense of whether I'm doing ok, they have helped me to learn more that I can explain, and quite frankly I just enjoy their blogs.

At night I put my 7year old to bed and then I sit in the office until she falls asleep. This is my time to surf - read up on what's happening in the world, research something I'm interested in or just veg. I have to say I missed that.

I can't decide whether it's a sad statement about the state of our lives or whether it is merely reflective of the day and age we live in.. Either way I am so glad to have connectivity back.

Weight today: 267.6.

This is new territory. The size 20 jeans I longed to get into are now loose...how cool is that!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home