Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Bitten by the MS bug

Just my luck - I just finish blogging about my relationship with Multiple Sclerosis and wham, I have a flare up.

Today the opthamologist confirmed that I have a mild case of Optic Neuritis again... in the right eye... again. Odds are it will go away over time but it's such a vivid reminder that I do have this weird disease. The new thing about this flare up is numbness in my right leg. I had assumed that the numbness was associated with the pinched nerve in my back but because of the way it's presenting (the whole leg including foot has been numb for about 3 weeks) my PCP feels that it's most likely associated with the MS. Crap... new symptoms are not welcome! The old ones I can live with.

So once again it's March and MS has come out to play. March and August tend to be my danger months... apparently it's virus season during these times and MS is often considered to be a viral disease. May be something to that me thinks...

Oh well... back to get my eyes checked in 8 weeks to see if I've lost any vision permanently. I've always had it come back but I have to admit that I have a real fear of losing my vision on a permanent basis as/if the MS progresses. It's a real reminder to take in all the beauty in the world when you can because one day you may not be able to...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home