Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

12,000 jobs to go... 14,000 more through attrition

If you read the headlines that's what they're saying about my company. That's an awful lot of people. At times like this there is no preparing. The markets have spoken and they're saying tighten up or lose our confidence. The company is prepared to take a 1 billion charge to make this happen. All this news and yet we know nothing. April 16th is the day that an announcement will be made. April 16th will be the day we will be able to better define what our world looks like. April 16th is when I should know whether Canada is impacted.

I feel strangely at peace - whatever will be will be. I have skills. I AM marketable. I need to remind myself of that after 10 years with the big C. I hope I have the skill and integrity to work through the wait, I hope my team is safe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home