Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Travel Bug

I love to travel. Over the years I have visited Japan, Malaysia, Singapore, China, New Zealand (there are some real advantages to living in Australia!) Holland (my birth place), Belgium, Paris, Berlin (I was there for the opening of the wall.. I have my piece of concrete hacked off with a sledge hammer), various states in the US and of course my adopted, and much loved home, Canada.

Lately my forays have been into the US - Florida, PA, Ohio. All have been fun. I am however feeling the need for a BIG trip. I don't know what it is but I do know that I'm in need of an adventure. I want to visit somewhere new - to see the country, to meet the people, to lose myself in someone elses world for just a while. Financially this is not doable for us right now but I'm thinking it's time to start planning. My husband and I have not done a big trip together yet - maybe this is the time for us to share that experience.

Any suggestions as to where we should go? All suggestions will be researched and considered!

2 Comments:

  • You got the itch, huh?

    Well, how about a trip to Italy? Not that I'm nearly as well traveled as you, but I had the time of my life there!

    We started in Torino, because my husband was working there, then took the train to Rome and Access to Venice (once in Venice we went to the Islands of Murano (where they make the glass) and Burano (where they make their famous lace).

    The train ride was awesome -- it traveled right up and down the coast. It was easy to navigate too. There are other places I'd love to go to, like Porto Fino, Cinqueterra and Genoa.

    Just a thought, but I suppose I'm biased because I've been there.

    By Blogger Donna, At 1:03 PM  

  • Italy would be worth looking into... especially given how much hubby likes the food...lol.

    I love hearing about other peoples travels - I think it's the best way to get recommendations. Nothing like some real life personal experience! Thanks for the suggestion

    By Blogger Aussieabroad, At 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home