Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Friday, April 06, 2007

Hello Blacktown!

Every now and then I like to see where my readers are from. Tonight I was thrown back into memory lane when I saw the town of Blacktown come up. Shortly after moving to the Australia, at the tender age of six and a half (that half was very important), my parents purchased their first home in Blacktown New South Wales. I went to Blacktown South Primary School and did my first year of high school at Blacktown High. We lived on Kurrajong Street...number 52 if I remember correctly.

It's amazing how that one word, Blacktown, can bring back so many memories. I remember the route to school, I remember days of playing in the creek catching tadpoles, I remember the park on our street where I would hang out with some neighbourhood kids, I remember...and that's the amazing part to me... I remember. You know how some people have vivid memories of their childhoods and they could tell you everything that happened to them? I'm not one of them. The details elude me but tonight I sit here and I remember so much. Weird.

So hello Blacktown - thanks for the trip down memory lane.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home