Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Tuesday, March 06, 2007

To squeeze or not to squeeze...

That is the question... the answers either way aren't pretty.

It would seem that I am one of the lucky DSers for whom this surgery means an abundance of nutrients building up in the intestine. Nutrients that the bad guys love. Nutrients that cause gas that could/should be bottled and shipped to Iraq to end the war forever. A course of Flagyl seemed to take care of the problem but within a week the bad guys were winning again. Tonight I started on a maintenance dose of Flagyl - the goal, over the next couple of months, will be to find the lowest dose possible that will allow me to live with my loved ones without causing dry gagging and watery eyes. Yes, it really is that bad.

So from Thursday until today I have had to practice extreme control in stopping the gas from escaping while in the presence of other human beings. I was getting quite good at it too. But I discovered that the side effect of that impressive squeezing is a
hemorrhoid the size of which I didn't know could exist. I almost feel like I should name it...

So the basically if I don't squeeze I end up divorced and if I do, I end up with a little alien living on the dark side of the moon. Hmmmm... tough choice...

Why on earth would a normal sane person share this in such a public forum? Well, I know there are readers out there researching their options. This is my experience and it is possible for others too. I researched far and wide before putting my life in Dr L's hands - I knew of the possibilities going in. But ya know, the things that stuck most were the stories that people shared. The stories of the impacts. The stories of the successes and the stories of the heart breaks.

Hopefully one person will find this helpful, the rest of you can now stop laughing!

2 Comments:

  • I completely understand what you are talking about. I applaud you for telling it like it is. It's does far more good than harm. I try to b as honest as I can, hence the proliferation of poop related posts!

    BTW, I couldn't comment to your blog for several days because the word verification graphic wasn't working!

    By Blogger Tia L., At 10:06 PM  

  • google the GasBgone charcoal pad. It's so thin you may be able to cut it to fit in your clothes or this http://www.flat-d.com/chairpadblack.html

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home