Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Friday, March 09, 2007

I missed it again

Tonight my wonderful Ms 7 year old tested for her Taikwando green belt. I just received a text message from my husband to say that she was finished and had done really well. So why am I sitting here in tears? Cause I heard about it in a text message. This is her third belt she's tested for since starting as a white belt in September and it's the third one I've missed. November I was covering as the site manager until 9pm, December I was recovering from surgery and today I'm covering as the site manager again. Sigh... I would have loved to see her tonight, she's worked really hard this week to finish all the requirements so that she would be ready to test. I am so proud of that kid. She doesn't like to lose. She struggles with the line drills at Taikwando because physically she's not the fastest. She struggles because she hates to come last. She's persevered though in the face of mommy saying that we were committed to keep her there until September 2007. It was a "suck it up" lesson and she clearly heard me and decided to give it her best effort. I am very proud of you my little friend.

1 Comments:

  • I feel your pain. I'm also a working mom and missing things can really break your heart.

    I can tell from your writing that you're an awesome mommy. You should be very proud.

    Lisa

    By Blogger TechGirl, At 8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home