Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Weight Update

Well things have certainly slowed down in the last week... 2.2lbs loss. Strangely enough, I'm ok with that. What I am noticing is that I seem to lose well for a couple of weeks and then my body goes into catch up mode for a few weeks. As long as the overall impact is to have the scale move down I think I can live with this pattern (I reserve the right to rant and rave at a future date when I am frustrated with the lack of progress)

I have been taking my supplements but have been struggling with both water and protein the last few days. This could also be a contributing factor to my slower loss. I am working from home today and will make a concerted effort on the water front. I feel like I'm not getting enough which is a real tell tale sign for me.

The other thing I will be focusing on is exercise this week. Exercise is hard at this size - there's no other way to state that. However tomorrow evening I will be getting into the pool for a session of Aqua Jogging. I have always loved aquafit so I'm hoping this will be as enjoyable. Gotta start somewhere right?

2 Comments:

  • You sound great. :) And it does get easier.

    FWIW, I started serious gym exercise at 6 months out -- at that point I was about 240 (size 20-22 jeans). It made a huge difference. Not really in terms of speeding up losing weight but in making me feel better. The combination of cardio and free weight training left me feeling strong, flexible and even helped my balance.

    Oh, and I'm not saying you need any of this, just that I did. But I think it also helped me deal with my emotional swings. I had so much feeling and energy. Somehow my gym time just became the place (other than the blog) to work all that out.

    Slow and steady is definitely the way to start though. Water aerobics sounds like fun too!

    Anyway, just wanted to let you know you're doing wonderfully! :) :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 5:28 PM  

  • Weight loss patterns are an interesting thing. As I look back on my loss, it would go go go, then I would gain, then stall, then go again. Couldn't tie to anything specific either. In the end, your body is going to do it whatever way it wants. You are doing great :) Keep it up.

    Sharon

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 1:01 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home