Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Friday, February 09, 2007

Mish Mash Update...

With so much going on I've probably left more than a few loose threads so...

1. I did go aqua jogging and loved it. I was in the water for about 45 minutes which is a half decent workout

2. My weight has not shifted in 5 days, making it 2.2lbs for the last 10. If I'm right it should start to move next week. If I'm not then I'm going to be an unhappy camper. See how well I know myself ;)

3. My parents are doing well. Dad is nearly four months out from his last surgery and is recovering well. His diabetes needs to be watched but the cancer is at bay. Mum is also doing well. She's been on chemotherapy for about 18 months now and seems to be tolerating it well. In fact too well, if there can be such a thing. She is certainly beating the odds for pancreatic cancer. This week they put their house on the market and have purchased a new house in a retirement type village. Lots of activities, a yard for the dog and more importantly a house that each of them could manage should something happen to the other...and we know that will likely happen in the next 1 - 3 years

4. Mr 15 actually did really well on his first semester exams. He scored a 90 in his English final which should bring his grade up to the mid 50's. It's amazing what happens when you force him to study for two hours a day. Gee whiz - I wonder if there is a connection.

5. Mr 13 is having to select his path for high school. He has chosen to go academic but all indicators including his teachers advice is pointing him to an applied stream. I support that and will use the weekend to speak with him. I want him to succeed at whatever he chooses - the academic stream will not make that easy for him

6. DH and I are off to Buffalo for the weekend to see a Calgary Flames game. I'm really looking forward to the two of us spending some time together... it's been way too long. No kids for a 24 hour period. Woo freakin' hoo!

7. Work, well that almost needs a post by itself. It's been an interesting week. I'm glad it's the weekend

Time to feed the family...

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home