Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Thursday, April 24, 2008

It's like someone threw a handful of rice in the right side of your body

That's what the oncologist told her.

The original cancer has not grown but there are a handful of new cancers. They are stopping chemo since it clearly was ineffective at stopping this from occurring. The next appointment will be about palliative care. She didn't want to talk about it today since it's her birthday.

This blog will not become about my Mum's last journey other than where if forms a significant part of mine.

For those of you that have reached out to me... thank you. You have no idea how much that means to me.

2 Comments:

  • Oh Ann - I'm so sorry to hear this. I think it's especially hard since you can't be there with her. I can't even imagine how hard this would be. You and your mother are in my thoughts and prayers.

    By Blogger Karin, At 11:46 AM  

  • Ann...as empty as this sounds, I mean it from my heart...if there is anything I can do, please just ask. Honestly. Even if it means just taking care of "T" for a few hours so you can just be alone.

    I'm here.

    HUGS.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home