Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Sunday, August 05, 2007

Plastic Surgery

Although I am still 70 odd pounds away from my goal weight I have made the decision to start exploring plastic surgery now. Not to get it done now but I do want to know how much, what sort of recovery time, risks etc. It's not a vanity thing, it's just necessary.

What do I need to get done?

Well I will need to do something about these boobs. It's either going to be a breast reduction or a lift. I'll need to speak with a surgeon about what is best. A reduction will be paid for by OHIP, a lift will not... that may make a difference. Either way they need to be moved north and the excess skin removed.

The jury is out on the tummy tuck. It's not pretty but I do not have a huge panni (yet) thanks largely in part to the tummy tuck I had some 13 years ago after I lost 100lbs. That tummy tuck has kept my stomach relatively flat even though the resulting 170lb weight gain. The upper torso is nothing to write home about so who knows,

First on the agenda however will be the arms. I can't stand them. They are awfully wrinkly and despite the very nice response I got in email form about my 8 month pictures they are in no way normal looking. Hanging by my side doesn't do justice to the ugliness. So a brachioplasty will be the first order of business. I'm thinking that this time next year would work best. Going into the fall so that I can wear long sleeves for 7 - 8 months while the scars heal. There's got to be something good about the fact that fall and winter go on for ever in this country right? Maybe I can do the breasts at the same time??? Hmmm... will need to look into that.

The long and short of it is that weight loss surgery is really only phase one when you have as much weight to lose as I do... as I did. I would prefer not to have plastic surgery but it's about finishing the job. Getting myself to a healthy weight and correctly proportioned body size (which is where breast and tummy surgery comes into it).

So the research begins. Now I just need to find a surgeon who is experienced in brachioplasties... I'm not thinking that there are many around here.

1 Comments:

  • Good for you. Before going through plastic surgery, it's best to explore the subject first. Research, check, see the options and do thorough research in looking for experts not only on the whole concept of it but also on the certain fields of plastic surgery.

    By Anonymous Katelyn Betterton, At 9:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home