Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Interview Update

Well... I don't know.

The first interview went well. This was with one of the other managers who would be my peer. The second interview was harder to judge. I made a number of interviewing errs.

I waffled. I was way too wordy. My office was hot, I was tired, I wasn't succinct. This interview was with the director of training... the equivalent of the position I've had in the past. She very correctly asked me whether the job I was applying for was going to be enough to keep me challenged. It was a good question. A fair question.

My response, an honest one, is that since there was much to do in terms of setting up processes around managing the training team that the challenge lay in doing that well. It's a great opportunity to have some immediate impact. As for the long term. Who knows. This is a fast changing company and I believe opportunities will present themselves. If not, then I now know that there is a big world out here. Something else will come along if I need it to.

So the bottom line is... will they believe that I will be happy doing this job. Fit is very important, as it should be. And secondly, can they make me an offer that comes close to meeting my salary requirements. I would like to be done. To start working. To be making a contribution. Hopefully I'll know soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home