Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Summer Legs

In Canada summer is short but intense. I grew up in a 'hot' country but nothing is quite as hot as Toronto in the summer time. There are days I simply don't want to venture outside.

Canadians have a passion for summer - it is a time for BBQ's, lazy days at the cottage, roadworks and for us fat people, it's a time for raw red thighs that scream in pain every time the humidex starts to climb above ...hmmm...0!

Summer was always a time for heat rashes. A time for walking like a penguin as you tried to minimize the rubbing. You either walked with your thighs squeezed together in the hope you could simply keep the fat pressed together tight enough so that it didn't move or you walked as if you had a water melon between your legs hoping, against all hope, you could create some air space down there to cool and dry the swollen bumpy skin.

Baby powder was my best friend. I even carried a travel size container in my purse for mid day relief.

This year it's a non issue. My legs are slimming down in a way that I have never seen before. Not during any of my previous, many, weight loss efforts do I recall my legs reshaping the way they are this time around. If you can get past the wrinkly elephant skin you can actually seem some definition that doesn't involve mountainous rolls. It's kind of weird. If I stand the right way I actually have a gap at the top of my legs. Holy crap...there's daylight visible through there!

I am not yet at the point where I would wear shorts (you have to remember that I am still 73/74 pounds from my goal weight) but I am totally appreciating the benefits that my weight-loss-to-date is bringing me. The pain was excruciating. I am very happy to be 'rub free'.

Weight update: 233.6

6 Comments:

  • I *so* hear you on the heat-humidity-thighs issue. Isn't it WONDERFUL to have that behind you?

    Congratulations on your upcoming interview, too.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 11:05 AM  

  • Too Funny Ann, thanks for making me smile this morning. I'm glad you are finally able to "see the light"!

    Hope your interview turns out to be exactly what you are expecting and that the position is exactly what you are looking for. Good Luck!

    By Blogger Karin, At 2:43 PM  

  • Thanks guys... on paper this job and company is everything that I'm looking for. If this goes my way I can add it to my list of 'lucky job finds'. All my jobs have come this way.

    By Blogger Aussieabroad, At 4:27 PM  

  • Ditto the thigh thing and I'm like you, this summer is vastly improved over previous ones in that regard. I have yet to have any red heat rashes.

    You can totally wear shorts! I do and I am a good 100 lbs heavier than you. All I do to ensure that all the horror is well covered is buy shorts that come to the knee or at least as close as possible.

    Ok, one dumb question from me ... what are roadworks?

    By Blogger Tia L., At 12:13 PM  

  • Fixing the roads. It can only be done when the ground is not frozen so most of it gets done during the summer.

    What do you call it?

    By Blogger Aussieabroad, At 12:43 PM  

  • Ohhhhhhhh. I call it road construction. I've lived most of my life in the south so that never occurred to me....the whole frozen ground thing.

    I had to giggle though because my first thought was that roadworks was a synonym for road trips. Ok now I *really* feel dumb.

    By Blogger Tia L., At 10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home