Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Monday, July 09, 2007

Happy Moment - I have an interview!

I am trying so hard not to get too excited. I have an interview with the company that I applied for about a month ago.

I am in no way desperate for a job - my severance package gives me a decent amount of time to secure employment - but I have to admit, when I started researching this company my interest was piqued. This company is big on ethics and integrity, both of which are high on my list of must haves.

My interview is Friday morning at 8.30am. I figured I would take the first time slot and set myself as the comparative baseline. I'm ok with that - this company is making a significant investment in this position, I want them to be able to question me against all others and then decide that I am the best candidate for the job. I need for them to be confident in their decision if I am successful.

Did a little happy dance in the car... was sharing my excitement with Ms 8 until I noticed she was fast asleep...birthdays are so draining!

2 Comments:

  • Congrats and I hope all goes well. I think being the first is good. I've hired quite a few people in the past and it is true that everyone gets compared to the first person that gets interviewed. It's also how I got my previous job.

    I am sure you will knock their socks off!

    By Blogger Unknown, At 12:05 PM  

  • Please let us know how it went!

    By Blogger Tia L., At 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home