Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Holy Carb Creep Batman!

Let me start by saying that I know I wasn't being perfect. I was making choices to 'share' some evil pleasure giving food and beverage choices because that is what the DS is all about for me. Making choices. Making choices to enjoy what I enjoy but in moderation. Protein first, all others after.

So yesterday I made some choices thinking I was doing ok. Share a chocolate chiller with Ms 8. Share a frappuccino and expresso brownie with hubby. I was doing a lot of sharing. And while in my pre surgery life I would have happily consumed the whole what I did not realize was the content of what I was consuming.

I started to log my food intake on Fitday.com yesterday just to see what I was really consuming. I needed to know whether I'm making my protein quotient. Yesterday I did. However the three items mentioned also added over 60 carbs, mostly in the way of sugar. Ouch. Ouch because simple carbs are the one thing that DSers absorb without any issues. Ouch because this could explain why my weight loss has been slow. The little indiscretions here and there may have been seriously sabotaging my efforts (I know yesterday was a major indiscretion... usually it's a lot less). So I am going to do a little experiment. One week with no frappuccinos. These are my greatest vice. It's a little bit of heaven poured into a cup. It represents stress release and that one is hard to let go of.

I am also going to try and track more diligently into Fitday. I am not good at this administrative stuff. This blog is the most regular I've been in ever sticking with an ongoing project. The blog is not a chore because it offers me such a great outlet. Tracking food consumption is a chore and reminds me way too much of a lifetime of dieting hell. However in the spirit of learning what works for me I will make the effort.

Weight Update: 233lbs

2 Comments:

  • Good Luck on your food tracking - I think it will help you kick start your loss again in no time.

    PS: Obviously I'm not from your DS world LOL - - That's apparent because every time I see "DS" - - Dear Son comes to mind....either that or I visions of the little gaming device "Nintendo DS" that my DS always seems to be carrying around. Just thought it was kindof funny and wanted you to know that acrobats my mind has to go through to find the correct definition each time I see that abbreviation! LOL

    By Blogger Karin, At 6:23 PM  

  • PSS: I posted my comment down here because I wanted to stay away from the poop one! However relevant it may be - - I didn't want to be up there! LOL But again I always appreciate your blunt honesty!

    By Blogger Karin, At 6:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home