Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Thursday, May 03, 2007

Day three of getting back to basics

Weight 253.4lbs

What I ate yesterday

Protein Shake (23g protein)
Half bag of smoked turkey sausage tidbits (about 8 pieces - 16 g)
2 cheese sticks
cup of trail mix (walnuts, brazil nuts, peanuts, macadamia nuts, choc covered coffee beans)
2 small slices grilled chicken (maybe 3oz)
1/2 protein bar
About 2/3 cup beef stew, heavy on the beef
Sugar free mini chocolate Popsicle
Weider protein shake (canned)
1tbs peanut butter

Normally I would only have one protein shake but I was starving last night so it was a quick easy high protein snack. For the Canadians that read this blog - you can get Weiders at Shoppers Drugmart and it's actually quite tasty. Great for those times you know that it's going to be hard to eat well.

As you can see the carbs are way down...yesterday was a very low carb day. It won't always be that low - I'm trying to vary the amount each day.

I feel great - I don't miss the carbs and it's so heartening to see the scale moving in the right direction. back to basics seems to be working for me right now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home