Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Winding Down

I busted my butt last week trying to ensure that I would be leaving my job in a relatively stable position... I did such a good job that I'm going to be able to leave a day earlier than expected. Tomorrow will be my last day. My team know what they need to do till I come back so we're in good shape.

I'm excited. I'm starting to get ready for the surgery - buying things I'll need, making sure everything is manageable at home, and just making arrangements. I'm doing lasts... last Indian meal will be tomorrow, last Frappuccino was yesterday... exciting lasts.

I'm planning for when I come home. I'm going to feel like crap for about three weeks. After that it should get easier so in many ways it'll be like a mini vacation. Throw in the fact that the family is going to have to help with the housework I'm going to be loving the time off! I'm most looking forward seeing the production "Wicked" with my 7 year old on Dec 20th. This is our makeup event for all the time that we're going to miss at the beginning of the month. I am going to take her out of school for the day, we'll travel to Toronto by train, do lunch and then catch a show. I am so so looking forward to it.

Before that day though there's a lot going on.

This weekend will be a "clean the house cause the mother-in-law is staying over" weekend. Monday last minute errands. Tuesday we'll be attending my daughters soccer academy between 5 and 6pm and then heading out at around 8pm... which should get us in Michigan at about 1am. 8am I meet with the surgeon. After that I get to do the infamous bowel prep. Let's just say it feels like someone has shoved their arm up your butt and is scraping you clean with a carving knife! I am not looking forward to that! And then on Thursday we have DS day.

DS day will be huge. It's the start of a new life.

After the hospital I will be staying with friends but that deserves a post all by itself.


2 Comments:

  • I'll be keeping the positive thoughts flowing for you. You will be fine. You will do great! :)

    By Blogger Donna, At 8:34 AM  

  • Don't forget everyone who is taking this journey with you Annie-Bananie! I'll be here with baited breath, waiting to hear how you are doing! Please make sure you update!!!!

    HUGS!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home