Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Respiratory Function Test

If ever you want to acheive a natural high, complete with light headedness and full facial tingles, go and do a respiratory function test.

Several months ago I was having trouble with wheezing so in the typical Ontario manner you book the test and then wait. I can't complain too much because financially the system is serving me well but our waiting times are legendary or should I say notorious?

Anyway... off I went this morning really having no idea as to what to expect. I had no inkling that this test would be so grueling. You want me to breathe out for how long? Squeeze she kept saying, squeeze out the air. Lady - when the lungs are empty they are truly empty! The process took about an hour and consisted of various breathing tests - the last designed to induce an asthma attack if in fact you have asthma. The good news is that in all likelihood I do not. The bad news is that my lung function is pretty lousy - largely thanks to a severe lack of exercise. I have to hope that the functionality is good enough to allow me to go into surgery - it's one of the tests that Dr L. would have asked for anyway. For reasons other than weight loss surgery, I am ahead of the game.

I was also weighed this morning and I lost 2lbs. 2 lousy lbs in 2 lousy weeks. If you factor in water loss I'm probably up in real weight. Sigh. Sheesh. Grrrr. What can I say? What I do know is this - I need to lose at least 10lbs for Dr. L. I need to find a way to make this happen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home