Life's a journey - Let's Switch it Up!

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

5 more days.

In only 5 more days I will be in Michigan, having breakfast with my buddy Meredith and her family, and getting ready for my appointment with Dr L.

5 more days... I have to admit that I'm a little nervous. What if Dr. L. decides not to take me on as a patient? What if my Multiple Sclerosis puts him off? What if the giant C section scar, vertical no less, makes it more difficult for him to close me up again? What if...

Lot's of what if's. I guess it all comes down to "what if I don't have this surgery?". That's a pretty big if for me. I cannot continue at this weight - I will die. So what next? I'm almost scared to go there. I have lost and gained so much weight over my life time that my body is totally screwed. My set point is now so high that getting into a category that would allow me to call myself just 'obese' is almost impossible. It's a daunting thought.

Well I guess I'll know in just 5 more days...

1 Comments:

  • Hey there! Thanks so much. Special thanks for coming out of lurkdom! I love to met new people!!!

    I've been reading your blog -- and I just have to say WOW! I really enjoyed reading it.

    By the way if Dr. L won't take you because of your MS, then there is a surgeon here in Houston, TX who will. Dr. Naaman is known for taking complicated cases, if you get desperate.

    I know the american system is so strange. I was so surprised to get my approval!

    Good luck on your journey -- and now that I know who and where I can find you, I will definitely keep up with your progress.

    Thanks again!

    By Blogger Donna, At 10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home